by Barbara Boyce, DHSc., R.D.
- 1/2 c. cooked black beans (drained and rinsed, if from a can)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1 19 1/2 oz. package chocolate fudge brownie mix
- 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the black beans in the bowl of a food processor; process until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs, water, oil, and brownie mix; process until just smooth. Stir in 1/4 c. of the chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the top with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until the edges start to pull away from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan before slicing.
Makes 16 servings.
Total servings: 16
Per serving: calories (kcal) 318, fat (g) 13.8, protein (g) 3.8, carbohydrates (g) 44.1, fiber (g) 1.2, Sodium (mg) 118