by Jill Simonds
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 9- inch unbaked pie crust
- Boil sweet potatoes whole in skin for 40-50 minutes, or until done. Run cold water over sweet potatoes and remove skin. Break apart sweet potatoes in large bowl. Add butter and mix well with mixer.
- Stir in sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth.
- Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust and bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Pie will puff up like a soufflé and then sink as it cools.
Makes approximately 8 servings.
Total servings: 8
Per serving: calories (kcal) 381, fat (g) 20, protein (g) 3.5, carbohydrates (g) 46.4, fiber (g) 1.5, Sodium (mg) 254